Sunday, May 17, 2009

It's 4am...do you know where...



...your dog is?






{Taz & Sydney}



(Have you seen me? The little cute one on the left.)


Remember those commercials?....I'm not even sure which decade their from...but they went something like..."It's 2am...do you know where YOUR children are?"


So, I can't sleep. I'm worried about Taz. It IS 4 am and NO, I do not know where my dog is!
My sister went out to McLean Creek yesterday afternoon to visit a friend who is camping out there and brought Taz with her. She was only supposed to go out there for a few hours, then come home...but it is almost 5am and they have not come home, nor called. I'm worried. I'm not sleeping. Ugh. Hello...I have a baby that is sleeping. I should be sleeping. Grrrrr. What if Taz ran away and my sister won't come home 'cause she knows I'd kill her! What if she got in a car accident on the way home and Taz and her are laying in a ditch somewhere? What if Taz was eaten by a bear or a coyote? Yikes. The things you think of when you can't sleep!!!


I'm also not sleeping as Jack woke up just before 4am in a panic, not breathing, then screaming at the top of his lungs, scared. Let me tell you, I have never jumped out of bed that fast before in my life. My heart is still pounding and it was an hour ago. He is fine now though...calmed down, diaper changed, fed and back sleeping away.
Be still my poor heart! Not a great night to have forgotten my evening dose of blood pressure meds!


So...what's new? Last night we went out to Okotoks for Noah's last gymnastics competition of the year. And probably of her life. She did ok - won a silver medal on the uneven bars, a bronze medal on beam, 4th on floor but last of 7 on vault. She ended up 5thAA. However, they did include 2 or 3 open aged girls in her group, so without them she would have been 3rd AA. Not her finest finish, but her vault was a mess and she scored really low and that brought her AA total way down. I know she wanted to win Gold AA, but it didn't happen. She is disappointed and I am too, for her. I know she wanted (and I wanted for her) to go out on a high note. She did great last weekend at our home meet though...so I hope that sticks with her.


One of the moms of the host club came up to me...our girls have competed against each other from day one, until this year actually....and she congratulated us on Jack and mentioned how she'd heard that Noah was retiring from gymnastics and how sad she was that she wouldn't see her and us at meets anymore. It made me realize again how much this sport has impacted our lives...the people we've met and become friendly with, the travel we've done, the kids Noah has met. It is the end of that era. :( I'm gonna miss that aspect for sure.


She then also brought up that she wondered if Noah was leaving the sport due to poor coaching as her own clubs coaches have mentioned to her how bad our coaching situation is and how mean Noah's coach is to her on the floor. That's hard to hear. But it rings truth.


It's so hard as a parent to take a step back and just let things happen as they may. I want to fix this and make it so that the outcome is positive for Noah. I want her to be thankful for all the years of hard work, the ups and downs, the successes and the struggles...I want her to remember gymnastics as a great and positive part of her life. Will she? I think it will be hard. I think this past year as really put a knife in her spirit and her love of the sport.


If Noah could continue with her new diving career AND do gymnastics - I would encourage her to go for it. She really is a great athlete and I just hate to watch her leave something behind she loved so much.


I think I am in mourning.....


Well...it is almost 6am now. Still no dog. I hope he is ok and they decided to stay out there for the night and will be home soon. Geez - next to Jack, Taz is my other baby. I love that dog!!!


Jack is grunting away....struggling with gas pains. Not sure if I'll be able to sleep anymore anyway though. We normally get up and start our day by 7am. So I had a grand total of 2 hours of sleep as I was silly and stayed up to watch the season finale of Saturday Night Live. Bad me. I'm gonna be so tired in a few hours!

No comments: