Sunday, May 10, 2009

5 Positives.....

Well - it is time to return to being grateful and accountable and AWARE of life. Being pregnant you seen to earn (or take?) a certain amount of selfishness...and having a newborn also seem to earn you that right. But I've come to realize (after a short mental vacation) that at some point you need to step back and assess what is going on around you. Therefore, I am back at recording (and sharing) my 5 positive things about my husband and my 5 self-care points each week. Hopefully, I will be diligent about keeping this up weekly...it keeps me in line!

5 positive things about my husband....

1) He loves, loves, LOVES baby Jack to pieces! And he never complains about changing diapers...even though he does only change a couple each day.
2) He works so hard for our family - 10 to 12 hours a day, 6 days a week.
3) He left work and drove Noah to gym one afternoon with 1/2 an hours notice when I was supposed to but was dead tired and just gotten Jack down to sleep and desperately needed a nap myself . He really is a great dad to Jordan & Noah and has always treated them as his own. You would never know otherwise.
4) He fixed a big hole in the wall (that I made) without harassing me about it.
5) He is the best cookie baker around and makes them on a moments notice if I have a craving! His newest are trail mix cookies...YUM!


My 5 self-care activities this week:

1) I showered! (seriously - with a newborn - this IS self-care!)
2) I took the time to straighten my hair. Which I love the look of but hate the time it takes, so don't do it that often anymore.
3) Enjoyed a glass of cool white wine.
4) Spent some time organizing my scrapbook stuff. Not so much "self-care", but it is a form of enjoyment.
5) Bought some Clinique moisturizer and got a bonus! Have not used anything yet, but I have it here for when I do.

Ok - the last two may be stretching it a bit, but it's all I have for now. Obviously, I need to focus just a little more each week on doing nice things for myself.

No comments: