Friday, May 30, 2008

5 weeks ago...

So it has been 5 weeks since I had a total change of ...well everything.
Seriously - 5 weeks ago...I was a mess. I felt that my life was a mess...but I actually had to have it pointed out to me to really get it.
I guess I've had a major AHA moment!
It's funny how at some point something changes and it creates the snowball effect and EVERYTHING changes.
In my case, for the better.

In 5 five weeks:
My outlook on life is different - better!
My marriage is as strong as it has ever been!
I have not had a Tim Hortons Steeped Tea Double/Double (in 5 weeks!)
I have eaten very little white stuff...meaning white flour & white sugar.
I have lost about 15 pounds.
I feel great.
I walk 5K, 4x a week with my hubby & dogs.
I have not let people run all over me & try and drag me down.
I have purged & decluttered about 20% of our garage.
I have put gymnastics second...for a change!
And in 17 days, my world is not going to be ruled by ungrateful, whiney, bitchy people anymore!!!


Here are some quotes that I have been thinking about lately:

"A great attitude does much more than turn on the lights in our worlds; it seems to magically connect us to all sorts of serendipitous opportunities that were somehow absent before we changed."
~ Earl Nightingale ~

"To look backward for a while is to refresh the eye, to restore it, and to render it more fit for its prime function of looking forward."
~ Margaret Fairless Barber ~

“Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.”
~ John Quincy Adams ~

“Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.”
~ Winston Churchill ~

“Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.”
~ Mother Teresa ~

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be...It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for."
~ Erica Jong ~

"Love cures people, the ones who receive love and the ones who give it, too."
~ Karl Menninger ~

“A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.”
~ Mignon McLaughlin ~

"Three keys to more abundant living: caring about others, daring for others, sharing with others."
~ William A. Ward ~


And finally:

"And will you succeed? Yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three quarters percent guaranteed!"
~ Dr. Seuss ~

No comments: