Saturday, August 09, 2008

My self-care for the past week...

So my self-care has been lacking a little the last week. But I do have some things to report...

1) I spent an entire day purging the bedroom & my closet; throwing out stuff, putting together garbage bags of clothes to donate etc. It may not sound like normal self-care, but it really is, as it's good for the mind & spirit to have a clutter free closet!

2) I have been making & eating healthy dinners just about every night. I have some great cookbooks and as long as I pre-plan a few meals and shop in advance, it is stress-free to make a great dinner that everyone appreciates. As well, I have still been losing weight - at a slowish pace, but it is still down a little each week.

3) Finally booked myself a hair appointed. It has been too long and my hair needed some attention!

4) I wore a skirt. Hmmmm.....is that really self-care? I think so. I rarely "dress up", at least not to go to work. But I found a nice summer skirt in the back of my closet that I haven't worn in ages, so I did one day and I felt great.

5) I have been trying to have nice hot showers when I am stressed or tired at night. I find it gives me some down-time and gives me a little more sleep-in time in the morning.

6) I learned some meditation and deep breathing exercises. Definitely relaxing!

Ok - 6 isn't bad. I'm still working on this...hopefully the list gets longer with time as I learn to put myself first in line for taking care of!

No comments: