Monday, April 14, 2008

And April brings.....

So far, April brought a HUGE snowstorm last Thursday...it was crazy - I went to bed and it was nice out - I woke up, had a shower, got dressed in capris and a t-shirt and headed out...only to open the door and find a gigantic snowbank against the door! YIKES What happened!?

I went back in and changed into some warmer clothes and headed back out to shovel my way to the van...by the time I made it to the sidewalk, my shoes were soaked. I had a Dr. appointment so I had to go out but the roads were nuts! Hello...People...winter was not that long ago...did you ALL really for get how to drive in snow in 1 month? Seriously!

Noah spent the afternoon shovelling the sidewalks, playing with Taz in the snow and making a snowman...

...which melted the next day...welcome to Calgary!


Speaking of Calgary - we went to the Juno's last weekend! They were being held here for the first time ever and we decided to go...it cost a small fortune but it was amazing all the same.

Fiest cleaned up - which is cool since she is from Calgary!

I loved all of the performances...it was like seeing 10 concerts but you only have to sit through their best song. I also saw people and enjoyed people that I would not normally buy tickets to see.
Noah loved seeing Avril!
I quite enjoyed Michael Buble...Jann Arden is always a fav....Fimder Eleven...awesome
Headly was fun...
Russell Peters is hilarious! I really must try and catch him at something else. He was a hoot!
To make it even more memorable, I did fall down the stairs...I'm sure if it hadn't been during the commercial break you would have heard my scream on TV while I was on the way down! Now - I was not drunk - so don't go all "alcoholic" on me! I had all of two coolers that evening. I did a number on my back and one leg but I am better now. The bruises are at least a faded green now. (ok - I should say that had the cooler stand have stayed open, I probably would have had a few more! he he he)





Gymnastics has been so-so...our club hosted the Southern Alberta Zones Championships in which the Provincial 2 & 3 level girls have to compete for a spot to go to the Provincial Championships. Only the top 12 in each age level qualify to go. ALL of our girls did amazing...just one, a good friend of Noah's had a bad day and just missed qualifying. I felt so bad...it's a tough meet...lots of pressure.
Noah did ok. Her vault was her best score...Ummmm? What!? It was a nice vault - but not her more difficult one...but a safer/cleaner vault. She was 4th.
Bars was good - she competed her cast-to-handstand/giant/layout-flyaway but her legs were bent...but it was still good enough to tie for a Silver Medal! Yay Noah!
Beam was shaky...not her usual confidence at all. She missed her connection in her back-walkover/back-handspring but she stayed on the beam! She was 8th...not her finest on beam.
I thought floor was rockin' as always - she did her FULL TWIST and landed it! But it was not reflected well in her score - 10th - sheesh! Everyone said she was robbed a full point...but what can you do? Judging is subjective, ya know!
She ended up 5th All-Around..again. Not the second all-around that was her goal. But really - you have to be clean to win and she has room to improve upon there.
Onwards to the Provincial Championships this weekend. I just hope that she has her head wrapped around it and goes in confident...surely it will be better than last year - which was 9th AA. I'll be crossing everything...

I wish I could say that the North Haven house is done - but it is not. It is beyond maddening...it is all in our control (excuse me...Anthony & Paul's control), yet is drags on and on and on....

My sister is back from Thailand for the summer...even though she is gone for 6 months at a time and I miss her (and worry about her) while she is gone, it feels like she never left. Funny how that happens. She is staying with our other sister...since the new house is still not ready to be inhabited.

The gym as a whole is still the most blood-pressure-raising of them all. Right now it is full-blown stress. Our Recreational Coordinator (a paid position) - quit on the first day of the Spring session and gave a whopping 10 days notice. This position will be almost impossible to fill mid-session. I am trying my very best to be ok with it but it really, really pisses me off. It's just plain rude.
Anyways - we have been left in worse situations and we will get through it but it doesn't have to mean that I'll be smiling along the way!

In 4 weeks we are supposed to be going to Cancun. We have not booked a flight. I have not asked for the time off of work. I do not have a tan. I think we should just stay home. Maybe I need to give my head a shake?

My sister/brother-in-law are due to have a baby in about two weeks. It's exciting and I can't wait to meet him! It seems like everyone is having babies right now...well, I guess it is spring - isn't that the right time for that?
I am feeling old. I always get a little down around my birthday...3 weeks and one year to go until I'm 40. ugh. I'm not ready.
Noah is growing up - she will be 12 in June and is showing the tell-tale signs of puberty....great...like we need more teen-age-itus in this house! Jordan offers enough of that! No Gracias!

So on we go...

No comments: