Thursday, March 08, 2007

Rod Baby.....

I managed to get a date night in with DH last night...a first in a while. Our "dates" are usually breakfast out while on the way to do something! LOL
But last night was a goodie. DH bought me tickets to Rod Stewart for Christmas and threw in an awesome dinner at the Saltlik Steakhouse too!
I forgot how bad the traffic could be around the Saddledome and the parking situation was crappy...so it took an extra 20 minutes to get into a spot (and pay $10.00 to park in a giant mud puddle...how nice) and then another 10 minutes to walk all around the crazy construction and piles of mud. We were thinking that we'd just miss a bit of the opening act, but alas...there wasn't one! So we missed about 15 minutes of Rod. :(

The seats were pretty good...but not that close considering that DH bought the tickets the day they went on sale. And I think I was sitting next to Rod's biggest fan....a nice middle aged fellow who could sing every song (with about 35 % accuracy) at the top of his lungs and rock it out in his seat like no other..... At least he drowned me out! he he The best song of the night...as always...Maggie May...mmmmmm...LOVE that song!

The concert rocked...although it seemed short. A mere 2 hours! I could have listened for at least another hour. And I don't care how old he is...he is still sexy to me! Raaaarrrrr!

Geeezzz....I clearly remember being 7 years old and rockin' it out to "Do ya think I'm sexy"...can't you just picture that! ha ha I'd made up all kinds of dance routines with my friend Candace and we'd practice over and over and over again. My poor family had to endure Rod Stewart music and dance routines/shows for years...until Grease came out! ha ha ha

I also went to see Rod Stewart when he was here back in the 90's....I went with a bunch of cool chicks from work, rented a limo and had an absolutely fantastic time being cool chicks! Ah the good-ol-days! Remember that?!

I was a little mellower this time around...OH MY GOD...Am *I* middle-aged??? Hmmmmm...

Anyways...that was a real treat! Thanks honey!

2 comments:

Memory Junction said...

Lucky! I love Rod too... glad you had fun... :o)

Allyson said...

Ummm...I edited the title to "Rod" not Rob like I had before.
At first I thought I could blame that on having had a few martini's but then I realized I'd posted that at 1:30pm the next afternoon! he he